By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Judge halts Trump effort requiring colleges to show they aren’t considering race in admissions
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Night Line: Judge halts Trump effort requiring colleges to show they aren’t considering race in admissions
US News

Night Line: Judge halts Trump effort requiring colleges to show they aren’t considering race in admissions

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 5, 2026 10:52 pm
Mujeeb Osman 2 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 05, 2026

A federal judge in Boston has halted a Trump administration effort to require colleges to provide data showing they are not considering race in admissions. The ruling gives a temporary win to 17 Democratic state attorneys general who sued over the policy.

BOSTON (AP) — A federal judge has blocked the Trump administration’s attempt to force colleges and universities to submit admissions data intended to prove race is not being used in decision-making. U.S. District Judge F. Dennis Saylor IV issued a preliminary injunction Friday after 17 Democratic attorneys general challenged the policy.

The judge said the federal government likely has authority to collect the information, but described the rollout as “rushed and chaotic.” He limited the ruling to public universities in the states involved in the lawsuit.

President Donald Trump ordered the data collection after raising concerns that colleges were using essays and other proxies to consider race. The states argued the demand threatened student privacy and could trigger baseless investigations.

The case adds to the broader legal fight over college admissions after the Supreme Court’s 2023 ruling against affirmative action.

You Might Also Like

Morning Edition: Republicans call off vote on Iran war resolution that was on the verge of passing

Night Line: Senate GOP Halts Immigration Bill Over Trump’s $1.8B Settlement Fund Backlash

Night Line: Trump says he will speak with Taiwan’s president, breaking long‑standing protocol

Morning Edition: US Senate advances bid to curb Trump’s war powers

Morning Edition: US raises pressure on Cuba with indictment of Raul Castro

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Film by Muslim model, Mariah Idrissi, encourages women to report of racist and anti-Muslim abuse
Next Article Night Line: High-stakes US special forces mission rescues airman from Iran after F-15 crash

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Morning Edition: Sudan’s war has left thousands missing. Many are buried in unmarked graves
  • Morning Edition: Rubio arrives in India ahead of Quad talks as US tries to reset strained ties
  • Morning Edition: Dispute Over Bhojshala–Kamal Maula Mosque in Dhar, Madhya Pradesh Continues in India
  • Night Line: Qatari Negotiating Team Arrives in Tehran to Help Secure US–Iran War‑Ending Deal
  • Night Line: Carney Declares Alberta ‘Essential’ as Province Sets October Vote on Possible Separation
  • Night Line: Tulsi Gabbard resigns as national intelligence director due to his husband’s health issues

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?