By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Nightline: White House Bracing for Surge in Federal Resignations as 20,000 Employees Accept Buyouts
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Nightline: White House Bracing for Surge in Federal Resignations as 20,000 Employees Accept Buyouts
US News

Nightline: White House Bracing for Surge in Federal Resignations as 20,000 Employees Accept Buyouts

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: February 4, 2025 7:34 pm
Mujeeb Osman 2 years ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – February 04, 2025

The White House is expecting a rise in federal employee resignations as the deadline for a buyout offer approaches this Thursday.

This offer was part of former President Donald Trump’s plan to bring government employees back to their offices after working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Federal workers had the option to either return to their offices or accept the buyout and leave their jobs.

A White House official said the number of resignations is expected to increase in the next two days, just before the deadline. So far, around 20,000 federal employees—about 1% of the total workforce—have chosen the buyout. However, the official said this number is not final and may change.

On January 28, the Office of Personnel Management notified approximately 2 million federal employees that they must return to in-person work five days a week, or they can accept the buyout offer.

Those who take the buyout will keep their pay and benefits but won’t have to work in person until September 30. Certain jobs, like military roles, postal workers, and positions related to national security, are not eligible for the buyout offer. The White House had predicted that 5% to 10% of the federal workforce might resign.

You Might Also Like

Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet

Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request

Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law

US Loses About 25% of Reaper Drone Fleet During Iran War: Report

GOP Senator Bill Cassidy Condemns Trump’s Vaccine Order as Counterproductive & ‘Wrong on So Many Levels’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Nightline: Debate Over Mifepristone Safety Intensifies as Pro-Choice and Pro-Life Advocates Clash
Next Article Morning Edition: India’s palm oil imports hit 14-year low as rival oils gain under Modi’ government

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet
  • Trump Expected to Pick Heidi Overton to Lead FDA
  • Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request
  • Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law
  • Trump-Backed Crypto Firm Partners With AI Venture Offering Restricted Chinese Models
  • Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?