By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Iran says it will close Strait of Hormuz over Israel–U.S. truce violations; Washington denies waterway has been shut
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > Latest > Night Line: Iran says it will close Strait of Hormuz over Israel–U.S. truce violations; Washington denies waterway has been shut
Latest

Night Line: Iran says it will close Strait of Hormuz over Israel–U.S. truce violations; Washington denies waterway has been shut

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: June 20, 2026 6:24 pm
Mujeeb Osman 2 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – June 20, 2026

Iran has announced it will close the Strait of Hormuz, accusing Israel and the United States of violating a ceasefire agreement, while Washington says the strategic waterway remains open. The claim, reported by Iranian state media and cited by international outlets, raised fresh concerns over one of the world’s most important energy chokepoints. U.S. military officials denied Iran’s assertion that shipping had been halted, saying commercial vessels continued to transit the strait. The conflicting statements come amid renewed tension in the region, where any disruption to Hormuz can quickly affect global oil and gas markets. Tehran said the move was a response to what it described as repeated violations of the truce, while U.S. officials dismissed the closure claim as inaccurate. The dispute has intensified uncertainty for traders and governments monitoring the security of the narrow passage, through which a significant share of global energy shipments passes.

You Might Also Like

Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Return to Britain After Six Years in US

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham Exchanged Messages With Impersonator Posing as Trump’s Chief of Staff Susie Wiles

Former Cambridge Professor Jason Arday Found Dead Amid Plagiarism Allegations as UK Leader Calls for Reflection

Selena Gomez Faces Investor Lawsuit Alleging Fraud at Mental Health Startup Wondermind

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Morning Edition: U.S.-Iran talks in Switzerland put on hold
Next Article Night Line: President Trump unveils $400 million Qatari-gifted Boeing 747-8 as temporary Air Force One

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure
  • U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
  • Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
  • FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
  • Sandra Bullock Opens Up About Bryan Randall’s Private ALS Battle
  • Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?