By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Morning Edition: US and Iran end 21-hour ceasefire talks without agreement before Vance departs Pakistan
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > World News > Morning Edition: US and Iran end 21-hour ceasefire talks without agreement before Vance departs Pakistan
World News

Morning Edition: US and Iran end 21-hour ceasefire talks without agreement before Vance departs Pakistan

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 12, 2026 5:20 am
Mujeeb Osman 4 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 12, 2026

The United States and Iran ended a historic round of face-to-face talks early Sunday without reaching an agreement and the fate of the fragile, two-week ceasefire still unclear.

Vice President JD Vance, who led the U.S. delegation during the 21 hours of talks in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad, said negotiations finished without a deal after the Iranians refused to accept American terms to refrain from developing a nuclear weapon. 

There was no immediate comment from the Iranian delegation, but Pakistani mediators called on both countries to maintain the ceasefire.

“It is imperative that the parties continue to uphold their commitment to ceasefire,” Pakistan Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said, adding that his country will try to facilitate a new dialogue between Iran and the U.S. in the coming days.

You Might Also Like

Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Kushner meets with Hamas on the Gaza road map ahead of talks with Netanyahu

South Korea Proposes 2026 Talks With North Korea to Formally End the 1950–53 Korean War

France’s top court blocks bill banning social media for under-15s

Pakistani Civil Rights Activist Mahrang Baloch Sentenced to Life in Prison

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Former Cricketer-Turned-Politician Azharuddin Reunites with Ex-Andhra CM Kiran Kumar Reddy
Next Article Morning Edition: Israel’s unprovoked 2024 Attack on Iranian Diplomatic Enclave undermining its sovereignty

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet
  • Trump Expected to Pick Heidi Overton to Lead FDA
  • Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request
  • Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law
  • Trump-Backed Crypto Firm Partners With AI Venture Offering Restricted Chinese Models
  • Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?