By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
US News

Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom

🔴 Night Line

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: August 21, 2026 7:34 pm
Mujeeb Osman 4 hours ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – August 21, 2026

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has temporarily allowed construction of President Donald Trump’s planned $400 million White House ballroom to continue while the court considers the administration’s emergency appeal.

Roberts signed the order on Friday, preventing a lower-court directive from taking effect. The directive would have halted above-ground construction unless the administration secured approval from Congress. Roberts oversees emergency appeals arising from Washington-based cases.

The 90,000-square-foot ballroom is being built on the former site of the White House’s East Wing. The National Trust for Historic Preservation challenged the project, arguing that Trump lacked unilateral authority to demolish the East Wing and begin construction without congressional authorization.

A federal appeals court ruled 2–1 on August 7 that decisions involving major changes to the White House belong to Congress, not the executive branch. The administration has described the project as an integrated military and security complex, citing bomb shelters and protection against potential attacks.

The Justice Department says approximately 65 percent of the work is complete. The Supreme Court’s temporary order does not resolve the legal dispute, and the justices may later issue a broader ruling on whether construction can proceed.

You Might Also Like

FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says

FBI raids former Rep. Eric Swalwell’s home, seizes devices in probe tied to sexual assault claims

Former Fauci Adviser Dr. David Morens Pleads Guilty to Concealing COVID-19 Research Records

US National Debt Surpasses $40 Trillion as Borrowing Accelerates Under Trump and Biden

Experts Challenge Census Bureau Report Trump Cites to Support Noncitizen Voting Claims

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
Next Article U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure
  • U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
  • Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
  • FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
  • Sandra Bullock Opens Up About Bryan Randall’s Private ALS Battle
  • Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?