By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Morning Edition: US set to destroy 500 tons of US-taxpayer funded emergency food
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Morning Edition: US set to destroy 500 tons of US-taxpayer funded emergency food
US News

Morning Edition: US set to destroy 500 tons of US-taxpayer funded emergency food

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: July 17, 2025 5:56 am
Mujeeb Osman 1 year ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – July 17, 2025

The United States is set to destroy nearly 500 metric tons of US-taxpayer funded emergency food meant for starving people around the world.


The high-energy, nutrient-dense biscuits have been sitting for months in a warehouse in Dubai, according to a former USAID official.

Now, because they expire this month, they will have to be destroyed – at an extra $100,000 charge to the American taxpayers.

The former official, who spoke anonymously to discuss the details, said the destruction of the critically needed food would not have happened prior to the Trump administration’s destruction of the US Agency for International Development.

“This is the definition of waste,” the former official said.

The Atlantic first reported on the impending destruction of the aid.

Before the administration dismantled USAID, citing alleged waste and fraud, personnel would have kept track of the expiration dates of the food aid. As the dates approached, they would have contacted colleagues to see who needed it, the former official explained, or it could have been donated.

The food could have been sent to places that desperately needed it, like Gaza.

 rations of biscuits a day is enough to stop people from dying, the former official said but noted that they do not replace real food. They made “perfect sense” in the catastrophic situation of Gaza “because there is no clean water, there’s no way to cook, no oil, no fires,” they said.

The Gaza response has been demobilized, and the people who managed the logistics and planning were fired, the official told CNN.

“It’s just heartbreaking to see with these biscuits, because they’re the perfect emergency food aid, it’s hard to see them go to waste,” they said.

A State Department spokesperson confirmed that emergency food will be destroyed because they were unable to use it before its expiration.

You Might Also Like

Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet

Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request

Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law

US Loses About 25% of Reaper Drone Fleet During Iran War: Report

GOP Senator Bill Cassidy Condemns Trump’s Vaccine Order as Counterproductive & ‘Wrong on So Many Levels’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Nightline: American Idol Music Supervisor Robin Kaye and Husband Found Dead in Los Angeles Home; Suspect Arrested
Next Article Morning Edition: Trump’s Housing Plan Threatens Low-Income Families

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet
  • Trump Expected to Pick Heidi Overton to Lead FDA
  • Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request
  • Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law
  • Trump-Backed Crypto Firm Partners With AI Venture Offering Restricted Chinese Models
  • Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?