By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Kash Patel Sues The Atlantic for $250 Million Over Defamation Claims
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > Politics > Night Line: Kash Patel Sues The Atlantic for $250 Million Over Defamation Claims
Politics

Night Line: Kash Patel Sues The Atlantic for $250 Million Over Defamation Claims

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 20, 2026 9:25 pm
Mujeeb Osman 4 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 20, 2026

FBI Director Kash Patel has filed a $250 million defamation lawsuit against The Atlantic, accusing the magazine of publishing false claims about excessive drinking, erratic behavior and unexplained absences from the bureau.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Washington, D.C., says the article harmed Patel’s reputation and asserts that The Atlantic acted with “actual malice,” the legal standard public figures must meet in defamation cases.

The Atlantic has rejected the suit as meritless and said it stands by its reporting. According to the complaint, Patel’s lawyers argue the magazine ignored denials and warning letters before publication and relied on flawed sourcing.

The dispute stems from a report that described concern among colleagues over Patel’s conduct. Patel, who has been a prominent and controversial figure in the Trump administration, has said he will challenge the article in court.

You Might Also Like

Natalie Harp Emerges as One of Trump’s Closest White House Aides

Experts Challenge Census Bureau Report Trump Cites to Support Noncitizen Voting Claims

Trump Swings Hard at Oman and South Korea, but His Foreign-Policy Misses Are Piling Up

Netanyahu brands Britain an ‘Islamic republic’ as it prepares Israel sanctions

Ro Khanna Unveils ‘America’s Next New Deal’ as He Seriously Weighs 2028 Presidential Bid

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Obama and Mamdani Sing “Wheels on the Bus” at Bronx Child Care Center During Public Appearance
Next Article Night Line: Pakistan prepares for upcoming peace talks as ceasefire ends Wednesday evening

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure
  • U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
  • Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
  • FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
  • Sandra Bullock Opens Up About Bryan Randall’s Private ALS Battle
  • Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?