By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Suspect charged with attempting to assassinate Trump after shooting at White House correspondents’ dinner 
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Night Line: Suspect charged with attempting to assassinate Trump after shooting at White House correspondents’ dinner 
US News

Night Line: Suspect charged with attempting to assassinate Trump after shooting at White House correspondents’ dinner 

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 28, 2026 5:05 pm
Mujeeb Osman 4 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 27, 2026

A man accused of opening fire near the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner has been charged with attempting to assassinate President Donald Trump, federal prosecutors said Monday. Authorities identified the suspect as Cole Tomas Allen, 31, of Torrance, California, and said the case is being handled in federal court in Washington.

According to reports from AP and other major outlets, Allen was stopped after gunshots were fired near the hotel’s security checkpoint, forcing Trump to be rushed out of the event and sending guests under tables. Prosecutors said he faces multiple charges, including attempted assassination, firearms offenses and assault on a federal officer.

Officials have said the investigation is still ongoing, and the suspect’s motive has not been fully established. However, prosecutors indicated he may have been targeting the president and other senior administration officials present at the dinner. The suspect will remain in custody as the case proceeds.

The incident has renewed concerns about security at major political gatherings in Washington, where the Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies are now reviewing how the attack was intercepted before it reached the ballroom.

You Might Also Like

Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet

Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request

Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law

US Loses About 25% of Reaper Drone Fleet During Iran War: Report

GOP Senator Bill Cassidy Condemns Trump’s Vaccine Order as Counterproductive & ‘Wrong on So Many Levels’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Morning Edition: Netanyahu Faces Growing Public Discontent as Election Nears
Next Article Night Line: DeSantis proposes new US House map for Florida aiming to flip four seats for Republicans

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Meta is back in the courtroom to face its biggest social media addiction trial yet
  • Trump Expected to Pick Heidi Overton to Lead FDA
  • Military drills between US and South Korea cut short at Washington’s request
  • Appeals Court Rules Trump-Appointed Nevada US Attorney Illegally Serving, Violates Federal Law
  • Trump-Backed Crypto Firm Partners With AI Venture Offering Restricted Chinese Models
  • Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?