By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Trump says to “Cancel It” as artists withdraw from Freedom 250 Bicentennial Festival
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Night Line: Trump says to “Cancel It” as artists withdraw from Freedom 250 Bicentennial Festival
US News

Night Line: Trump says to “Cancel It” as artists withdraw from Freedom 250 Bicentennial Festival

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: June 1, 2026 12:26 am
Mujeeb Osman 3 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – May 31, 2026

US President Donald Trump has called for the cancellation of a planned series of concerts marking America’s 250th anniversary after a wave of high‑profile artists pulled out of the “Freedom 250” festival.

The events, organized by Trump‑affiliated group Freedom 250 and scheduled for June 25–July 10 on the National Mall as part of the Great American State Fair, lost more than half of their announced lineup within days of the announcement.

Acts including Martina McBride, Bret Michaels, Morris Day, Young MC, Milli Vanilli and the Commodores said they withdrew over concerns about the show’s political ties or stated they had been misled about the event’s nature.

Trump reacted on social media, bluntly writing “Cancel it” and dismissing the remaining performers as “overpriced” and “boring,” while suggesting he replace the concerts with a large “Make America Great Again” rally.

The White House and Freedom 250 have not yet formally scrapped the concert series, but the back‑and‑forth has intensified scrutiny of how the administration is shaping the nation’s semiquincentennial celebrations.

You Might Also Like

Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom

FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says

FBI raids former Rep. Eric Swalwell’s home, seizes devices in probe tied to sexual assault claims

Former Fauci Adviser Dr. David Morens Pleads Guilty to Concealing COVID-19 Research Records

US National Debt Surpasses $40 Trillion as Borrowing Accelerates Under Trump and Biden

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Morning Edition: Trump asked Muslim leaders to join Abraham Accords after Iran war ends
Next Article Night Line: Israel Seizes Medieval Beaufort Castle in Major Southern Lebanon Offensive

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure
  • U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
  • Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
  • FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
  • Sandra Bullock Opens Up About Bryan Randall’s Private ALS Battle
  • Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?