By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Israel Seizes Medieval Beaufort Castle in Major Southern Lebanon Offensive
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > World News > Night Line: Israel Seizes Medieval Beaufort Castle in Major Southern Lebanon Offensive
World News

Night Line: Israel Seizes Medieval Beaufort Castle in Major Southern Lebanon Offensive

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: June 1, 2026 12:40 am
Mujeeb Osman 3 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – May 31, 2026

Israeli forces have captured Lebanon’s historic Beaufort Castle, marking their deepest military incursion into southern Lebanon in 26 years. Defense Minister Israel Katz confirmed the IDF seized the 900-year-old Crusader fortress and its strategic ridge, which overlooks the Litani River and provides extensive views of the region.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the operation a “dramatic shift” in Israel’s expanded ground offensive against Hezbollah. Israel stated the castle was retaken because Hezbollah was using the area to launch attacks on northern Israel. The IDF has now declared all land between the Litani and Zaharani rivers a conflict zone, ordering civilians to evacuate.

The fortress, UNESCO-recognized as one of the best-preserved medieval castles in the Near East, was previously held by Israel from 1982 until its 2000 withdrawal. The capture follows days of fierce clashes and airstrikes targeting Hezbollah fighters in surrounding villages near Nabatiyeh.

This advancement deepens Israel’s military footprint beyond the demarcation zone established after the April ceasefire, as fighting continues despite the nominal truce. Another Israeli soldier was reported killed in recent combat.

You Might Also Like

Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Israel Advances E1 Settlement Plan Despite Global Condemnation, Threatening Two-State Solution

UAE halts trade with Iran after accusing Tehran of firing ballistic missiles

Pakistan Supreme Court Orders Imran Khan’s Transfer to Hospital Amid Mounting Public and Political Pressure

Kushner meets with Hamas on the Gaza road map ahead of talks with Netanyahu

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Trump says to “Cancel It” as artists withdraw from Freedom 250 Bicentennial Festival
Next Article Night Line: Polls Close in Colombia Presidential Election That Could Reshape U.S. Ties

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran as Tehran Says Sanctions Prove US Military Failure
  • U.S. Navy Weighs Renaming Aircraft Carrier Built to Honor Pearl Harbor Hero Doris Miller After President Donald Trump
  • Chief Justice Temporarily Allows Construction of Trump’s $400 Million White House Ballroom
  • FBI raids Democrat Swalwell’s home in sexual-misconduct investigation, source says
  • Sandra Bullock Opens Up About Bryan Randall’s Private ALS Battle
  • Imran Khan Taken to Private Hospital for Medical Examination After SC Advice

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?