By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Israel’s president says he wants a deal reached in Netanyahu case before pardon decision
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > Latest > Night Line: Israel’s president says he wants a deal reached in Netanyahu case before pardon decision
Latest

Night Line: Israel’s president says he wants a deal reached in Netanyahu case before pardon decision

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 26, 2026 11:02 pm
Mujeeb Osman 3 weeks ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 26, 2026

Israeli President Isaac Herzog said he will not decide on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s pardon request until efforts to reach a plea deal are exhausted, signaling that any resolution in the long-running corruption case is still likely to take time. Herzog said a deal would be the best solution and that discussions should be tried outside the courtroom before the pardon request is addressed.

Netanyahu submitted a pardon request in November while standing trial on corruption charges he denies. Under Israeli law, the president has the authority to grant pardons, but there is no precedent for issuing one in the middle of a trial. Reuters reported that Herzog’s office published the statement after The New York Times said the president was preparing to advance mediation for a plea bargain.

The move keeps pressure on Netanyahu, whose legal battle has become one of the most divisive issues in Israeli politics. Herzog’s position suggests the president is seeking a negotiated exit before taking the exceptional step of ruling on clemency.

You Might Also Like

Night Line: Pakistan deploys fighter jets and 8000 troops to Saudi Arabia amid Middle East conflict

Night Line: Trump warns Iran the ‘clock is ticking’ as Middle East peace talks stall

Night Line: US Weighs Using Frozen Palestinian Tax Funds to Back Trump Gaza Plan

Night Line: Xi warns Trump that mishandling Taiwan could push U.S.–China ties into ‘dangerous’ situation

Night Line: Trump visits China for high-stakes meeting with Xi Jinping as US-Iran conflict likely to dominate strategic calculations

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Morning Edition: Why is India’s Manipur burning for three years?
Next Article Night Line: Mali Defence Minister Killed as Rebel Attacks Sweep Across Country
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Morning Edition: Cuba Threatens Fierce Response to Possible US Attack
  • Morning Edition: 3 killed in shooting at San Diego’s largest mosque
  • Morning edition: Iranian Nobel Laureate Back Home Following Medical Treatment
  • Night Line: Pakistan deploys fighter jets and 8000 troops to Saudi Arabia amid Middle East conflict
  • Night Line: Justice Department announces a $1.7B fund to compensate Trump allies in a deal to drop IRS suit
  • Night Line: Cuban President Warns of ‘Bloodbath’ if U.S. Launches Military Action

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?