By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Lawsuit Challenges Trump’s Renovation of Historic D.C. Golf Course
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > US News > Night Line: Lawsuit Challenges Trump’s Renovation of Historic D.C. Golf Course
US News

Night Line: Lawsuit Challenges Trump’s Renovation of Historic D.C. Golf Course

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: February 16, 2026 9:37 pm
Mujeeb Osman 3 months ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – February 16, 2026

Two Washington, D.C., golfers filed a lawsuit on Friday against the federal government, seeking to halt President Donald Trump’s administration from overhauling the 100-year-old East Potomac Golf Course in East Potomac Park.

The plaintiffs accuse the Interior Department of violating a 1897 congressional act that designates the park for public recreation, as well as the National Environmental Policy Act, by failing to assess environmental impacts and allegedly dumping White House demolition debris on the site.

The legal action follows the administration’s December termination of a lease with the nonprofit National Links Trust, which managed the course and two others. The department cited unmet capital improvement requirements, but the trust countered that it invested $8.5 million, doubled revenue and play, and that the move endangers local jobs.

The Interior Department declined comment on the litigation but affirmed plans to keep courses “safe, beautiful, open, affordable, enjoyable, and accessible,” aligning with Trump’s agenda. Construction has reportedly begun, marking another clash over Trump’s reshaping of D.C. public spaces.

You Might Also Like

Morning Edition: Community grieves the 3 men killed while defending San Diego mosque

Night Line: Trump–IRS settlement “forever” bars audits of Trump family tax claims, DOJ filing says

Morning Edition: 3 killed in shooting at San Diego’s largest mosque

Night Line: Justice Department announces a $1.7B fund to compensate Trump allies in a deal to drop IRS suit

Morning Edition: Midair collision between two jets at air show prompts Idaho Air Force base lockdown

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Europe to rely less on US security and speeds up defence independence after Trump’s Greenland push
Next Article Morning Edition: Hindu Mohammad Deepak lauded for protecting Muslim Shopkeeper in Communal Dispute in Kotdwar, India

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Morning Edition: Trump to attend G7 summit in France, White House official says
  • Morning Edition: Israeli forces intercept the remaining activist flotilla vessels headed for Gaza
  • Morning Edition: Community grieves the 3 men killed while defending San Diego mosque
  • Night Line: Senator Chris Van Hollen accused Trump of making “hundreds of millions” from his crypto coin while investors lost billions
  • Night Line: Trump–IRS settlement “forever” bars audits of Trump family tax claims, DOJ filing says
  • Night Line: Trump Delays Iran Strike by “Limited Period of Time,” Warns Nuclear Deal Deadline Looms

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?