By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Reading: Night Line: Police Detain 167 Madrasa Students at Jabalpur Railway Station, Indian Media is Silent on this Matter
Share
Font ResizerAa
Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Font ResizerAa
  • Politics
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Chicago Patriot News Media > Blog > India > Night Line: Police Detain 167 Madrasa Students at Jabalpur Railway Station, Indian Media is Silent on this Matter
India

Night Line: Police Detain 167 Madrasa Students at Jabalpur Railway Station, Indian Media is Silent on this Matter

Mujeeb Osman
Last updated: April 28, 2026 8:41 pm
Mujeeb Osman 3 weeks ago
Share
SHARE

Chicago – April 28, 2026

The detention of 163 minor madrasa students in Madhya Pradesh has sparked concern over the treatment of children traveling for religious education. On April 10, 2026, the Muslim boys were taken from railway stations in Katni and Jabalpur after a complaint was raised about their unauthorized travel.

According to reports, the madrasa students were aged between 10 and 14 and were traveling with eight adults to madrasas in other states. Railway officials said the matter was flagged because the children were moving without their parents or guardians, while critics described the action as religious extremism and deeply distressing for the families involved.

The incident quickly turned into a wider debate about child welfare, freedom of movement, and the handling of Muslim students by law enforcement. Parents were said to have appealed for help in bringing the children back safely, underscoring the emotional toll of the detention.

After nearly two weeks in custody, the students were released on April 24, 2026 and prepared to return home.

You Might Also Like

Morning Edition: Calls for India-Pakistan dialogue gather support in held Kashmir

Night Line: Azharuddin joins key review of Indiramma Housing Scheme, phase 2 launch on Telangana Formation Day

Night Line: Udhayanidhi Stalin’s “Sanatan” Remarks Spur National Debate; Critics Accuse BJP of Political Polarisation

Morning Edition: India’s Hindu extremist group RSS lobbies foreign groups to counter minority rights criticism

Morning Edition: The BJP’s Bengal victory exposes the erosion of Indian democracy

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
By Mujeeb Osman
With 26 years of journalism experience across Urdu and English newspapers, he has built a reputation for thoughtful, community-focused reporting. Mujeeb Osman previously served as the Chicago in-charge of The Muslim Observer, where he covered local, national, and international issues impacting diverse communities. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories. His work reflects a deep interest in immigration issues, public policy, and American politics, areas he has followed closely throughout his career. At Chicago Patriot News, he continues his commitment to delivering accurate, balanced, and compelling stories that illuminate the challenges and perspectives shaping today’s public discourse.
Previous Article Night Line: Justice Department Indicts former FBI Director James Comey Again in Renewed Political Firestorm
Next Article Morning Edition: Trump State Department unveils bold new design for America250 passports
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Mission

Search CPN

Latest News

  • Morning Edition: Cuba Threatens Fierce Response to Possible US Attack
  • Morning Edition: 3 killed in shooting at San Diego’s largest mosque
  • Morning edition: Iranian Nobel Laureate Back Home Following Medical Treatment
  • Night Line: Pakistan deploys fighter jets and 8000 troops to Saudi Arabia amid Middle East conflict
  • Night Line: Justice Department announces a $1.7B fund to compensate Trump allies in a deal to drop IRS suit
  • Night Line: Cuban President Warns of ‘Bloodbath’ if U.S. Launches Military Action

Disclaimer

Chicago Patriot News MediaChicago Patriot News Media
Follow US
© 2025 CPN. All Rights Reserved by Chicagopatriotnews.com
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Register Lost your password?